Although spring is near, we aren’t in the clear! This soup is simple and takes almost no time at all!! 4 main ingredients and a few spices! Lentils are a packed with protein and fiber! When making soups I chose to use RED lentiles as they have the right texture for soup. They get nice and soft. So here’s to Lentils.
What You Need
- 2 cups red lentiles rinsed and looked over
- 4 celery stalks (chopped up)
- 4 med-large carrots ( chopped up)
- 1 big onion or 2 small ones diced up
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- Curry poweder
- Chili flakes (if you like heat)
- Mustard Seeds
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What You Do
- In a large pot heat up some non virgin coconut oil ( can use which ever oil you like)
- Add the onions and fry till translucent ( add some salt during this time)
- Then add the carrots and celery
- Once the carrots and celery have soften start adding some curry powder and spices
- Add garlic once you smell the garlic you can add the 2 cups of rinsed lentiles
- Stir everything together and fill pot with water
- Bring soup to a boil and start adding your spices.
- Its difficult to tell you how much of each spice. (depends on the size of your pot)
- Experiment with the amounts
- Once soup has boiled bring to a simmer and let stand for at least one hour.
FINITO STUFF YOUR FACE!