This is a delicious
meal that is perfect for the fall and winter. It warms up the tummy and its
healthy. Loaded with good carbs and proteins. This recipe has a nice punch with
a hint of sweetness.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, cubed, & roasted
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- One 15-oz can black beans (about 1.5-2 cups cooked), drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup non dairy cheese (optional)
- Use lettuce wrap or wrap of your choice
- Preheat oven to 425F put parchment paper down on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil
on squash and give a shake of salt and pepper.
- Roast chopped butternut squash for 45 mins or until tender
- Cook your brown rice or quinoa
- In a large pan heat your olive oil and add the onion and minced garlic Sautee for about 5 minutes,
- Add in the spices
- Add chopped red pepper, black beans, and cooked grain and sauté for another 10
- When squash is tender remove from oven and cool slightly. Add 1.5 cups of the
cooked butternut squash to the skillet and stir well. You can mash the
squash with a fork if some pieces are too large.
- Add non dairy cheese and heat another couple minutes.
- Add bean filling to tortilla along with desired toppings. Wrap and serve