- 1 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp ginger root, minced
- 1 cup red-orange lentils (dried), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sesame oil (Un toasted)
- 3 cups water
- 1 block of temphe cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp fresh cilantro
Rinse and drain the lentils, then set aside.
- Finely chop the onion. Mince the garlic and ginger
- Heat half of the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic,
cook until translucent.
- Add the ginger and cook, with stirring, 1 min. Add the lentils and water,
bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the
lentils are cooked and fall apart, about 15 min.
- Cut tempeh 1 cm cubes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small skillet until hot but not smoking then stir in the curry powder and cayenne
- Cook 30 seconds with stirring, then add the spiced oil to the lentils.
- Gently add the tempeh cubes and season with salt.
- Cook 2 min, then remove the pan from the heat, cover and let stand 5 min to allow the flavours to develop.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro leaves and serve