UMMM…. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! This is an amazing easy to make yummy, bake free recipe. These squares have no bad guy ingredients, only the good ones. With only 5 ingredients, you are sure to have people drooling!
What You Need:
Crust:1.5 cups whole raw almonds1.5 cups regular oats (for Gluten-free, use GF oats)1/2 tsp kosher salt10 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped1/4 cup coconut oil
Date filling:25 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped (~2.5 cups)1/2 cup water
What You Do
- Line a square pan (I used 8in x 8 in) with parchment paper
- In a food processor, process the almond, salt, and oats until a fine crumble forms.
- Add in the dates and process until crumbly again.
- Melt the coconut oil and add to the mixture and process until sticky. If the dough is dry add more coconut oil) To melt put coconut oil just put the oil in a glass over a bowl of steaming hot water and mix till it becomes a liquid.
- Remove from processor
- Set aside 3/4 cup of the mixture for later
- Press the rest of the mixture very firmly and evenly into the pan.
- Grab your pitted and roughly chopped dates and water and process in the food processor until a paste forms.
- Add a tiny bit more water if needed, but you want the paste quite thick.
- Scoop out the date mixture onto the crust and gently spread with the back of a wet spatula until even.
- Sprinkle on the 3/4 cup of mixture you set aside and gently press down with fingers.
- Refrigerate in the fridge or put in freezer until firm for at least 1 hour
- Cut into squares and serve.
FINITO STUFF YOUR FACE!